IIAGP Application

Qualifying households may receive up to $7,000 to help with disaster recovery.

Iowa Individual Disaster Assistance Grant Program (IIAGP) offers grants to families whose household’s annual income is at 200% or less of the federal poverty level. Each eligible household may receive up to $5,000 for items that qualify under one of the four categories: temporary housing, food assistance, personal property, and home repair. Supporting documentation is required.

The IIAGP is activated when the Governor issues a disaster proclamation turning on IIAGP for the affected counties. Applicants have 45 days from the date of the Governor’s proclamation to apply. Check the Counties with Active Proclamations section of the disaster assistance main page for IIAGP deadlines. If a presidential disaster declaration for Individual Assistance is issued for a county for the same event, the IIAGP is automatically turned off for that county and the federal program goes into effect.

How it Works

  1. File a claim with your insurance company.
  2. Apply for the IIAGP within the 45-day application period.
  3. Collect documentation required for your application.
  4. Be responsive to requests for documentation.

How to Apply

The application may also be downloaded in PDF format and printed (PDF downloads at page bottom). Applications can then be turned in to a local Community Action Agency.


  • Annual household income is at or less than 200% of the Federal Poverty Level
  • Household members are citizens or legally residing in the United States
  • Household’s primary and occupied residence is in the county indicated in the disaster proclamation
  • The household has disaster related needs not fully covered by insurance and not met by another assistance program

Required Documentation

  • Copy of lease, if renting
  • Photo identification (for all adults in the household)
  • Proof of legal residency in the U.S. (license, birth certificate, passport, green card, social security card, etc.)
  • Proof of income (pay stubs, W-2, tax return, social security, retirement income, etc.)
  • Insurance documentation
  • Photos of damages
  • If requesting assistance with vehicle repair, proof of vehicle registration and insurance (liability as a minimum)