Immigration and Citizenship

HOME » Immigration & citizenship

We DO NOT handle immigration or citizenship issues

Iowa Homeland Security and Emergency Management does not handle immigration or citizenship issues, as immigration and citizenship are both under the authority of the federal government, through the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
Contact Phone Icon


U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
National Customer Service Center: 1-800-375-5283
(1-800-767-1833 TTY/TDD for hearing- and speech-impaired)
Service is available in both English and Spanish.

Contact U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services if you wish to:

  • Apply to become a U.S. citizen
  • Check the case status of you or someone else
  • Bring a member of your family/fiance to live in the U.S.
  • File an affidavit of support form (I-864)
  • Get proof of your U.S. citizenship/replace a lost certificate of citizenship
  • Replace a lost/damaged green card
  • Help your child (biological or adopted) obtain U.S. citizenship
  • Adopt a child
  • Get information about traveling abroad

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)

Please contact U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) with any detainee-related questions or issues. For information about detainees currently in ICE custody, click the “Detainee Locator” link at the bottom of the ICE home page. You may also contact the field office in charge of operations in Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota:

ICE Office of Detention and Removal Operations
St. Paul Field Office
2901 Metro Dr., Suite 100
Bloomington, MN 55425
(952) 853-2550

To report suspicious activity to ICE, call 1-866-347-2423.


Contact Us

7900 Hickman Road,
Suite 500
Windsor Heights, IA 50324

515.725.3231  515.725.3260 FAX
Business Hours:
8:30 AM-4:00 PM



© Copyright 2023 - Iowa Department of Homeland Security and Emergency Management - Policies