Training is a vital component of homeland security and emergency management. To make sure emergency workers and organizations are ready to handle a variety of situations, Iowa Homeland Security and Emergency Management offers emergency training to meet the needs and requirements of local, state and federal governments and organizations.
Training is available to county emergency management coordinators, fire department personnel, law enforcement personnel, emergency medical services personnel, public officials, public works personnel, school personnel, hospital/medical staff, volunteer organizations, business and industry personnel, and others involved in the emergency management system.
- IOWA HSEMD COURSES
- Iowa Central CC/Homeland Security Training Center
- Emergency Management Institute (FEMA)
- National Training and Education Division (FEMA)
- National Domestic Preparedness Consortium, which includes:
- Center for Domestic Preparedness (FEMA)
- Energetic Materials Research and Testing Center
(New Mexico Tech)
- National Center for Biomedical Research and Training
(Louisiana State University)
- Texas A&M Engineering Extension Service, National Emergency Response and Rescue Training Center
- National Nuclear Security Administration/Counter Terrorism Operations Support Program (U.S. Department of Energy)
- National Disaster Preparedness Training Center
(University of Hawaii)
- Rural Domestic Preparedness Consortium (RDPC)
If you have a question about training, or would like to schedule a course near you, click here to contact us.